Forestdale Church began its life as a Methodist Church in the early 1850’s, and is on the commercial map of Sandwich of 1857. It was located across the street from its present location, and a cemetery was built next to it. Over the years it transitioned to a Northern Baptist denomination, and then to an association with the Conservative Baptists of America. Due to increased traffic and the need for winterized facilities, the church was moved across the street to its present location, on a donated parcel of two acres, in 1954. A basement with a fellowship hall, kitchen and bathrooms were added, along with rear offices and a nursery.
In 1959 the church bought a US Army surplus Officer’s Day Quarters from nearby Camp Edwards for one dollar, and it was moved to the present site with an added basement, to serve as a parsonage. In the early 1980’s the church added an addition in front, with accompanying basement, to handle increasing attendance. In the 1990’s a new parsonage was built behind the old parsonage and the old parsonage became the church office building. In the early 2000’s the church added on to the new parsonage, and several years later bought a 2-acre parcel next to the existing church lot. Shortly after this, the church decided to become a non-denominational church, in order to facilitate greater outreach to the community.